Welcome to our journey. The purpose of my blog is not only to journal our life experience, but also to share what God is doing in our lives. I do not claim to be an expert in parenting, marriage, or even the Bible. But I do have a heart to share my experiences and the true love that God has for each and every one of us. You can read our testimony by clicking on the top of the page. And if you'd like to know about the Homeless Ministry my husband started, you can click on the Homeless tab. I hope you will comment freely on my posts and in my community.



Friday, January 27, 2012

There are times when...

I feel inadequate.
I feel like a failure.
I feel like I'm spinning my wheels.
I feel hopeless.
I feel like I'm losing the battle.

You see I'm a parent. I make mistakes. ALL the time! I say something when I meant to just listen. I say the wrong thing. I do the wrong thing. I'm too protective. I'm too lenient. I'm far from perfect that is for sure. So, what's a mom to do? Well, I don't feel like this ALL the time. But there are times when I do. Do you?

I think parenting a teenager is the most difficult time. It's a time when they are trying to spread their wings. They're trying to prove that know everything...including what is best for them. They want to make their own mistakes. That's what my teen says to me "mom...you need to let me learn by making my own mistakes." Wow...what words. But it's hard to let her do that when I know that she will likely get hurt or that there will be a bad outcome. I'm not talking about stuff that's dangerous. Just stuff that I want to save her heartache or negative consequences from. The stuff that's questionable. There are just times when parenting is hard.

I would do anything for my children. Sometimes that includes making decisions for them that they don't like. But every decision I make is because I want what is best for them. Well...I should say that it is my intention that every decision I make is for that reason. Although I know that every decision I make for them is not always the best. You see...that is because I am not perfect. I count on help from my Heavenly Father. There are days when I have to give them to Him and ask for Him to guide and lead them.

Matthew 19:13-15   One day some parents brought their children to Jesus so he could lay his hands on them and pray for them. But the disciples scolded the parents for bothering him. 14 But Jesus said, “Let the children come to me. Don’t stop them! For the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to those who are like these children.” 15 And he placed his hands on their heads and blessed them before he left.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Comment