Welcome to our journey. The purpose of my blog is not only to journal our life experience, but also to share what God is doing in our lives. I do not claim to be an expert in parenting, marriage, or even the Bible. But I do have a heart to share my experiences and the true love that God has for each and every one of us. You can read our testimony by clicking on the top of the page. And if you'd like to know about the Homeless Ministry my husband started, you can click on the Homeless tab. I hope you will comment freely on my posts and in my community.



Friday, July 27, 2012

Faith and Trust

Written Thursday, July 26
If you haven't read my post about going to India, you'll want to read that first. You see...probably the biggest reason I didn't want to say "yes" to going was because of the money. It seems as though Dave and I are always trying to raise money. If it's not for Breakthrough, it's for our kids. They all have several fundraisers every year. I just didn't want to ask. I really did not know how I would raise enough money. That's the problem. I said that "I" didn't know how I was going to raise the money. Then Pastor Susan, my spiritual mother, and my friend, pointed that out to me. She said, "If this is God's will, then it's HIS bill". I know and I have heard that before. The question is...do I have enough faith to step out and trust that He has the money covered? Probably an even bigger question is...do I TRUST Him?!

The truth is...I do. What I needed to know what that this really was HIS will for me. And since it appears, no it just doesn't "appear" to be so...He's made it perfectly clear.

The who, when, or how is not important. I just have to trust.

As soon as I told Christine that I would be going, the process started. I'm a little behind schedule! It's passport, visa, shots, insurance, and a whole lot more. My, oh my...the money thing right from the start. I don't have an official birth certificate so I need that. I have to change my driver's license since we just moved. I started getting anxious about the money.

Lord, help me to trust in You. I give my fear and worry over.

This afternoon I had to stop in at my hubby's office. He tells me (after keeping me in suspense for a few minutes) that I am now only going to have to raise half of the money. He had already raised $1500 towards my trip! He had some of that raised before I actually said "yes". I am stunned. I am speechless. I am in awe. I am in tears. I am so thankful. God...You are so good! Thank you for the friends and family who have given from their hearts! I'm so incredibly grateful and blessed!

Ecclesiastes 4:1 Again, I observed all the oppression that takes place under the sun. I saw the tears of the oppressed, with no one to comfort them. The oppressors have great power, and their victims are helpless.

To the women of India: Soon, God will be sending a team to comfort you. He loves you so!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Comment