Welcome to our journey. The purpose of my blog is not only to journal our life experience, but also to share what God is doing in our lives. I do not claim to be an expert in parenting, marriage, or even the Bible. But I do have a heart to share my experiences and the true love that God has for each and every one of us. You can read our testimony by clicking on the top of the page. And if you'd like to know about the Homeless Ministry my husband started, you can click on the Homeless tab. I hope you will comment freely on my posts and in my community.



Monday, October 1, 2012

Blessed New Friends

During my trip to India...an added bonus were the people I traveled with. Some of them I had never met before the trip planning began less than 2 months before we left. God hand picked our team.

Some people are shocked by this fact, that apparently I've hidden very well...but I am actually really shy when it comes to meeting and talking to people I don't know. It's not easy for me to strike up a conversation with a stranger. I don't like to go places by myself and I don't even like going places with my husband when I'm not going to know anyone. Going on this trip was a real stretch for me because I didn't have any close friends that would be coming with me. While I did know a few of them from church, it was still going to be a new experience for me. When I first thought I would be going to India, I thought I would be going with my husband. I never imagined I would be going without him.

I'm so thankful for the people God sent on this trip with me.
They were all amazing!

Rachel and I experienced our first trip together,
while Jill and Phyl had been here before.

We spent a LOT of time together...
sharing meals

...being entertained



We shared tight "sitting" quarters

And we spent a LOT of time on this bus!


And then there were some really cozy rides...lol!



We spent lots of time in prayer



Rachel and I


My roomie, Phyl

We didn't get much time to shop, but the time we had sure was fun.


Picking out scarves was stressful...too many beautiful colors to choose from!

Oh...and we spent lots of time waiting
sometimes being good in single file line
and others not. :)

And we can't forget about the planes
We spent HOURS traveling.

I'm thankful that I had the privilege to travel and spend all the time with such a group of amazing friends! They were all such a blessing!

Proverbs 17:17 A friend is always loyal, and a brother is born to help in time of need.

These friends certainly were loyal and helped me through some fears I had. Thanks to each of you for an amazing trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Comment