Welcome to our journey. The purpose of my blog is not only to journal our life experience, but also to share what God is doing in our lives. I do not claim to be an expert in parenting, marriage, or even the Bible. But I do have a heart to share my experiences and the true love that God has for each and every one of us. You can read our testimony by clicking on the top of the page. And if you'd like to know about the Homeless Ministry my husband started, you can click on the Homeless tab. I hope you will comment freely on my posts and in my community.



Sunday, October 30, 2016

It's been a long time

Hello blog!

I've missed you. It's time we reconnect. :) I love Facebook because it gives an outlet to share and to be engaged with people I don't get to see very often. Yet blogging is a place to share God's goodness and to be able to revisit and remember. It's a place I love to be. Life gets busy though and it falls down to the bottom of my priority list and then completely off my radar where I don't even think about it. It's similar to spending time reading my Bible. When I do it daily and then I miss a day, I keep thinking about it and how I need and WANT to get into the Word. If I let too many days go by without getting into the Word, I might go an entire day and not even think about it.

Much has happened over the past few years. I've actually written a few posts that I have saved as "drafts" and I hope to publish them one day. Today isn't the time to do that.

Our family has been through a lot. We've lost loved ones, battled (and continue to battle) illnesses, been in the valley of darkness, and we've been on the mountain tops. Through it all, God remains good. His goodness never ends. Even when things are hard. Even when times are tough. Even when I can't breath because the pain is unbearable...He is good. Through it ALL.

I have to thank Him for it all. I've learned to depend on His Word. He is my comforter. My everything. My all-in-all. Because He loves me and carries me, I'm thankful.

The following scripture is what continues to carry me through all circumstances. It is a scripture that requires action on our part and when we carry it out, we receive peace in return. I will tell you this works. It really does. So, no matter what you're going through, you can have peace.

Philippians 4:4-9
Always be full of joy in the Lord. I say it again—rejoice! Let everyone see that you are considerate in all you do. Remember, the Lord is coming soon.
Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.
And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. Keep putting into practice all you learned and received from me—everything you heard from me and saw me doing. Then the God of peace will be with you.

Words that pop out at me:
ALWAYS be full of joy. Not just when things are good. You can be joyful even through the trial. It's a choice. You have to choose joy. Rejoice. Dance in the rain.

DON'T WORRY - because it won't change one single thing. 

INSTEAD PRAY - about everything. 

TELL GOD - about your needs, your fears, everything going on. Have ongoing conversation with him...all day long. Laugh with Him.

THANK HIM - for ALL things. For every circumstance you can be thankful. 

And THEN - this means that you have to do something and THEN it will happen.

FIX YOUR THOUGHTS - if you continue to think of the negatives, the problems, the wrongs, and all the bad things going on in your life, that is exactly where you'll be. Stuck in the problem. If you think of the good, the truth, and things worthy of praise, it will put you in a place of joy.

And then here's the kicker: KEEP PUTTING INTO PRACTICE - what you've learned. This means that it's not just a one and done thing. You need to keep doing these things, over and over again. What it does it to make it a habit, a way of life. Time and time again, I've been asked how I can continue to go through trials and yet keep functioning, keep smiling, keep working, and be filled with peace. This is how I do it. This is my secret weapon. I follow Scripture. I believe Scripture and all of the promises that come with it. And as it says, THEN the God of peace will be with you. 

And it's true. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Comment