Welcome to our journey. The purpose of my blog is not only to journal our life experience, but also to share what God is doing in our lives. I do not claim to be an expert in parenting, marriage, or even the Bible. But I do have a heart to share my experiences and the true love that God has for each and every one of us. You can read our testimony by clicking on the top of the page. And if you'd like to know about the Homeless Ministry my husband started, you can click on the Homeless tab. I hope you will comment freely on my posts and in my community.



Thursday, March 25, 2010

We're making 75,000 sandwiches!

Well, that's our goal anyways!  Last year we made 40,000 sandwiches and it was such a huge success, we thought we'd go for 75,000 this year!  You can click here to read a little bit more about why and how we came come to choose to partner with 363 Days by clicking here.  There's also a neat video in that post that our youth group made about homelessness.

Of course, for me this is a true blessing to not only participate in this project but also I get to oversee this as my job!  How cool is that?  If you don't know why this project melts my heart, you might want to visit Breakthrough Ministries.  That's the non-profit charity that my husband started last year.  A non-profit dedicated to ending homelessness in the Twin Cities, one person at a time.  I should tell you that Breakthrough Ministries is not affiliated with Hosanna! except for the fact that it is our home church and really has equipped us for ministry. The fact that I get to organize the sandwich making is just a bonus!  And quite a God-incidence I would say since last year Breakthrough Ministries didn't even exist.  If you'd like to join the Breakthrough Ministries Facebook Fan Page, click here.

Okay, back to our 363 & More Service Project.   If you've ever wanted to feed the homeless, but in a more personal way, this is for you.  You get to purchase, make, deliver and handout sandwiches to the homeless right here!  You can do all or part of those things.  Last year I only made the sandwiches and didn't get to deliver/hand them out because I was working the event.  I was so disappointed after it was over that I didn't just leave to hand them out.  The stories were amazing and life changing!  This year I will make sure to hand out the sandwiches as well.

For more details about this and for the links to register, click here.  (You'll need to scroll down to the 363 & More event).  This is an amazing opportunity to do something right here.  And if you are able to help for this time, maybe your family, small group, Girl/Boy Scout troop, or even your church would like to do something on a smaller scale.  Just go to 363days.org and find out how you can help.  Maybe you're not local but would like to start something like this in your city?  Leave a comment with your contact information and I would love to help you get started.  If you've read my testimony or seen the Help the Homeless tab at the top of my blog, you'll know that I'm pretty passionate about the homeless.  Whether it's someone suffering across the globe or right here in my backyard, they need US!  They need YOU!

Join the discussion in my community which is located in the left column!

I pray that God would break your heart for what breaks His!  Just like he did to mine and Dave's.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Comment