I am having a hysterectomy. The plan is to have a Laproscopically Assisted Vaginal Hysterectomy. I'll be in the hospital for 2 or 3 days. When I went to the doctor for my pre-op the first thing the nurse said to me was, "are you excited?". Hmmm...excited is not exactly the thoughts I was having, but I guess I could go with that. I mean...not that I'm excited about the surgery but there will be a few good things about the time after. I thought I'd come up with a list.
- I get to eat my meals in bed while I'm in the hospital.
- Hospital food has gotten better over the years.
- I will have a chauffeur for the next few weeks.
- I may buy myself a bell. :)
- I get to spend the month of July home with my kids.
- I get to take my kids to the pool any time I want.
- I don't have to cook for a while.
- I will probably lose a few ounces of weight after they take it out! ;)
- I don't have to clean for an even longer time! SWEET!
- No more periods! Even SWEETER!
- More time to rest.
- More time to catch up on blogging, scrapbooking and card making!
- Quality time with my husband.
- I will have LOTS of God time!
I guess what I would like to ask would be for your prayers. Specifically, that the surgery will go as planned and the doctor will not have to do a full abdominal incision. I am at peace with this decision and know that I am in ultimately God's hands. He already knows exactly what will happen. He has great plans for me.
Psalm 28:7 The Lord is my strength and shield. I trust him with all my heart. He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy. I burst out in songs of thanksgiving.
Trusting in God today and always,