Welcome to our journey. The purpose of my blog is not only to journal our life experience, but also to share what God is doing in our lives. I do not claim to be an expert in parenting, marriage, or even the Bible. But I do have a heart to share my experiences and the true love that God has for each and every one of us. You can read our testimony by clicking on the top of the page. And if you'd like to know about the Homeless Ministry my husband started, you can click on the Homeless tab. I hope you will comment freely on my posts and in my community.



Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Reflections of 2008

Prayers for Stellan: Please continue to pray for Stellan. He's in the PICU. Thankfully, he did not need to be intubated yesterday. He is still very sick with RSV and they have all the meds and things needed to intubate him at his bedside. Let's pray that he will not need them. Call upon the Name of our Lord for this sweet child. You can check in on the updates from MckMama by clicking on their button "MckMiracle" on my sidebar.

-------------------------------------------------------

When I reflect back on this year, there are so many memories it's hard to know where to start. I don't want to forget a thing. Even the bad things that have happened are things that I want to remember. They teach us how to live our day to day lives if we examine them. Now, being that I have friends and family who have lost children, I know that their perspective of what is bad is entirely different than mine. I think about them often and pray for them often. I mention them because they have been a part of my memories. They have shaped my life. Their pain has changed me.


Things I want to remember:

  • Ringing in 2008 with some special friends of ours. They come to mind because many of them have really made a difference in our lives over the past few years. One of those friends just had hip replacement surgery. She's way too young for that, but nevertheless, she's at home right now recovering. Please pray for her and her family. I'm talking about Sherri Eide, wife of Peder Eide. He's an amazing Christian artist who knows how to get an entire family reaching for the Lord in a moment!

  • Dave's first paycheck after months without one! Praise God for His faithfulness!

  • I started this blog.

  • Mackenzie and Hailey start gymnastics.

  • Unexpected large monthly insurance premium expense.

  • Being stranded on Highway 94 in Wisconsin for hours!

  • The bonding that occurred while sitting along side the interstate while freezing!

  • A moment of holy forgiveness and love while giving communion at the Women's Retreat.

  • My sister and brother-in-laws car accident.

  • Leaving my parents home - once again - for the last time. I pray! ;)

  • Being obedient to what God wants and then seeing the blessing from it.

  • My talk on obedience to a women's bible study. How powerful a testimony is!!!

  • The people I've talked to since then!

  • God's abundant love for me.

  • New friends - The Rolfe Family

  • My daughter turning 18!

  • My daughter graduating from school!
  • God's mercy and grace!

  • Lot's of fun times swimming at hotels.

  • Fun at the cabin

  • Surgery for me that will help me, but also prevents me from ever getting pregnant again. Although we made that decision a few years ago, it's very final.

  • Lot's of medical bills before deductibles were met.

  • Searching for a home.

  • 12 years of marriage

  • The H! CampOut.

  • Our trip to Many Point Scout Camp...thanks to the Richard's family!

  • The progress my son has made this year!

  • My youngest starting kindergarten.

  • Moving into this beautiful lake home. Thank you God!

  • Mitchell starts flag football.

  • Memories of our previous home and the friends our kids had there.

  • Going from working 20 hours to 30 hours.

  • A renewed and strengthened relationship with my mother-in-law.

  • Friends that are like gold.

  • The Midwest Challenge Golf Tournament. A precious family and child's testimony.

  • My aunt (and God-mother) goes through cancer for a 2nd time.

  • Many times of not having money to buy groceries.

  • I started my Better Together challenge.

  • A baby shower for 2 sisters.

  • Karin has a baby girl.

  • Weeks later - Kristin and Sean lose their baby. Kristin almost dies.

  • We see faith grow in family members.

  • Mitchell starts gymnastics. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa U.

  • Gymnastic meets are now part of our lives.

  • The Midwest Challenge Christmas Party. God is sooo Good!

  • Pastor Derek leaves. :( Get ready east coast!!!

  • We host lots of parties over the Christmas season.

  • We celebrate the birth of our Savior!

  • Dave gets a raise. Praise God. His faithfulness endures!

  • We get ready for our New Year's Eve party. Where we will say good-bye to 2008 and hello to 2009 with an amazing group of friends.

  • We are blessed indeed!

Thank you to all of you who have been a part of our lives this year. You have definitely had a hand in shaping our world. We love each and everyone of you!


What I ask now is for those of you who know me...this is taken from Pastor Derek's final sermon at church. What changes have you seen in me this past year? Good and/or bad. Or have I changed at all? You can post a comment anonymously if you'd like. :)

I pray that 2009 brings each and every one of you abundant blessings from our Lord.

Love,

Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Comment