Welcome to our journey. The purpose of my blog is not only to journal our life experience, but also to share what God is doing in our lives. I do not claim to be an expert in parenting, marriage, or even the Bible. But I do have a heart to share my experiences and the true love that God has for each and every one of us. You can read our testimony by clicking on the top of the page. And if you'd like to know about the Homeless Ministry my husband started, you can click on the Homeless tab. I hope you will comment freely on my posts and in my community.



Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A year in pictures...

...and some reflections from 2009.

We rang in the new year with the most amazing group of friends































We went on a sleigh ride with the Masurka family...

Followed by a Christmas gathering

We found Facebook...and old friends















After a year of waiting, I was blessed with a full time position at work!


We said good-bye to our "extended vacation" on Crystal Lake and hello to our new home!


The kids learned how to ski



































and Dave gave himself a hernia after attempting to snowboard.  Oh his birthday of all days!

















We made 40,000 sandwiches to feed those in need.


I turned 40!  Yikes!


Our oldest turned 19 and started college...
our youngest celebrated her golden birthday and started 1st grade!


I put on a women's retreat for the first time with my new job.


I tore the disc in my back, spent a week in the hospital and spent more weeks "reflecting"!

I found out what amazing friends and family I have during that time.
I found out just what my husband will do for me...































My son turned 8!

We spent Father's Day with men who mean the world to Dave and found out how much Dave means to them.  It was one of the most meaninful days we've ever had.















Many tears were shed that day.

The next day, Dave lost his job!

We had to trust God yet again.

We sent Mackenzie off to camp for the first time.















We hosted 4 awesome Okoboji Camp Counselors.















Dave started Breakthrough Ministries...what a story!


God continues to sustain us.


We took plenty of time for family vacations.
































We spent lots of time at the cabin.
















We said good-bye to Sadie. :(

















We met Nick
Nick moved out of his tent and into a home!!!


Mackenzie turned 12


Another school year begins.




































Mackenzie got braces















Mitchell joined Cub Scouts





















Our children grew!
We are so proud of them and love them more than life!




















Our hearts continue to break for the homeless as we reach out to more people.
















We had a Christmas dinner for some of the most amazing people I've ever met. 
















I grow more and more in love with my husband.


We had a healthy year and our children are growing like weeds.


We rang in the New Year with Praise & Worship






























The children layed hands on Greta and prayed for her!
















Our hearts are full!

God is our provider.

Colossians 3:23 “Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people. Remember that the Lord will give you an inheritance as your reward, and that the Master you are serving is Christ. But if you do what is wrong, you will be paid back for the wrong you have done. For God has no favorites."

We thank God for all that He has given us.  We thank Him for our friends and family as we could not do this without you.  We fully trust what the Lord has in store for us.  We are blessed.  We say good-bye to 2009 and hello to 2010!

Love,
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Comment